LUX* Saint Gilles (Formerly LUX* Ile de la Reunion) is a 5-star hotel situated 3 kms out side of St Gilles, the island’s most popular beach resort, on one of the best beaches at Hermitage-les-Bains. It's 174 rooms are grouped in 23 Creole-style villas and all are well-equipped, with air-conditioning, hair-dryer, mini-bar, satellite television and internet access, personal safe and private balcony or terrace. Superior rooms can accommodate one additional child, and there are 20 intercommunicating rooms for families. The eight junior suites are larger, with a sitting area, two balconies or terraces and a CD player.
The hotel is set in seven hectares of tropical garden overlooking the lagoon. It stands along 600 metres of beach, which is protected by a coral reef, and the snorkelling is very good. It also has an enormous swimming pool - the largest on the island – with a children’s pool.
LUX* Saint Gilles has a mini-club for children aged 3 – 12, with special evening events for young guests on Saturdays and during the school holidays. Baby-sitting can be arranged on request.
There are kayaks with which to explore the lagoon, tennis courts and table tennis facilities, a fully-equipped gym, massage facilities, bikes for hire, aqua-gym sessions and Tai-Chi-Chuan and Qi Qong courses. Diving and surfing, golf, windsurfing and paragliding are available nearby.
Tours staying at this accommodation
The 12-day Rainbow Réunion Honeymoon offers a relaxed experience of this romantic Indian Ocean island. Staying three nights each at two charming guesthouses, both ideally located for exploring the Reunion’s highlights. The focus is on taking in the breathtaking scenery, picturesque mountains, quaint villages and coastal towns. End with four nights on the beach at the LUX* Ile de la Réunion wh...
If you enjoy spectacular scenery, outdoor pursuits or adrenaline activities, tropical beaches or walking and hiking, you'll love Reunion. For birders or those who take pleasure in exploring the hidden corners of France, Reunion Island is an excellent choice for a touring holiday. This itinerary combines the volcano with picturesque towns in magnificent settings and time to relax at the beach, but ...
Get your hiking boots on, Reunions mountainous landscape and lush primary forest offers both butterfly watchers and seasoned hikers a range of rewarding and exhilarating hikes and walks. Reunion offers beaches, lavishly forested mountains and volcanoes all tightly packed in this small yet modern island. This beach holiday combines a moderately easy hike through spectacular scenery and overnight s...
- Beautiful Indian Island scenery
- Exhilarating hikes
- Stunning waterfalls
- Relax on the lagoon
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours