Active families will love the huge choice of outdoor activities in Réunion, with everything from hiking, canyonning and paragliding to horse riding, mountain biking and helicopter trips. Sea temperatures rarely drop below 23°C, and as a French overseas department, it’s the ideal place for the kids to practice their spoken French! The island of Réunion is just a 45 minute hop from Mauritius, so many families choose to combine time at a beach resort here with a more active family holiday in Réunion. Talk to our Reunion experts for ideas on the best itinerary to suit your family's specific interests.
If you enjoy spectacular scenery, outdoor pursuits or adrenaline activities, tropical beaches or walking and hiking, you'll love Reunion. For birders or those who take pleasure in exploring the hidden corners of France, Reunion Island is an excellent choice for a touring holiday. This itinerary combines the volcano with picturesque towns in magnificent settings and time to relax at the beach, but ...
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours