Sossusvlei Lodge is a good value lodge situated right by the entrance to the Namib Naukluft Park and the dunes at Sossusvlei.
This makes it a great base for early starts into the Park as soon as the gate opens. Because of its location, a major effort was made to build something that blends with the landscape, and this was pretty much achieved with skillful use of colour and building materials.
There are 45 attractive rooms at Sossusvlei Lodge, including two family units; all are spacious and equipped to a good standard.
This is a lively place, with a bustling bar, restaurant and shop.
There is a swimming pool to pass the time in heat of the day, or to cool off after climbing ‘Big Daddy’ at dawn.
The adventure centre offers exciting activities and excursions, from guided Sossusvlei trips, to scenic flights and eco-quad biking.
Want to know more?
Call our Travel Specialists for a chat with our experts. They'll share their first-hand insights so you can find your perfect holiday.
Tours staying at this accommodation
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours