The Palacina Suites is a wonderful place to unwind in the State House area of Nairobi. Surrounded by mature trees, it’s easy to forget you are in the city, but the Palacina is convenient for both airports and the shops of Ngong Road.
The 8 Palacina suites are spacious and attractive, with cream walls, swathes of fawn curtains, offset by a variety of textures in the fabrics of the soft furnishings and the rich, dark wood of the furniture and doors. Each suite has a well-furnished balcony, a comfortable living room, a large bedroom with netted six-foot-wide four-poster bed, a large, walk-in closet and a bathroom with shower and jacuzzi tub. Facilities include a large telly and DVD player, fully stocked bar, tea & coffee facilities, hairdryer, safe, iron and ironing board. The two penthouse suites have flat-screen TV and the 4 studios are enormous, with a full kitchen.
There is a nice decked swimming pool, surrounded by trees, and a fitness room, which is open round the clock. You can access the internet from the business centre or from your suite, and change money and borrow movies at reception. Freshly brewed Kenyan coffee is served at tea-time and room service is available (not 24 hr). There is a comfortable lounge, a bar for residents, a massage room and beauty therapist, and the restaurant is a venue for live jazz three nights each week.
Breakfast is served in the breakfast room or on the verandah beyond. Tea and coffee is available to guests throughout the day. The Moonflower restaurant is open for lunch and dinner and the food is really good. In addition to char-grilled meats and fish, you will find interesting vegetarian entrees, Asian snapper salad, raspberry balsamic crispy duck and wonderful, calorific desserts. Hot sandwiches are another lunch-time choice.
Tours staying at this accommodation
- Explore one of the world's great wildlife-viewing locations
- Chance to seek the Big 5 on safari
- Superb accommodation and hospitality
- Luxuriating in style at the beach in Mauritius
- Golden hour with the incredible Mountain Gorillas
- Spotting the Big 5 and an abundance of other wildlife in the renowned Masai Mara
- Sublime relaxation at the beach in Zanzibar
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours