On the bank of the Kaske River, Buska Lodge offers comfortable, no-frills accommodation near the small outback town of Turmi, where visitors need to go in order to get to know the Hamar people.
The 20 rooms are spacious, well ventilated and of traditional Tukul design, with en-suite bathrooms. Hot and cold shower.
Electricity is supplied from 06h30 - 22h30. (If you need the generator to be kept on through the night for medical reasons, let us know so that we can arrange with management).
There are two restaurants, serving good food. Management is friendly and the staff helpful; Mark is always on hand to assist guests.
The lodge is a ideal base from where to visit a Hamar village and if you are fortunate, you may get to attend a Bull Jumping ceremony.
Nature walks wil not disappoint: birdlife is abundant and diverse in the lodge grounds and along the river. The dry-country flora in the area is also fascinating.
Tours staying at this accommodation
- Get to know the Mursi, Hamar and Karo people around Jinka and Turmi
- Chance to attend a Hamar Bull-jumping ceremony (June - September)
- Spend time in the remarkable Konso area
- Visit little-known Nech'Sar and Mago National Parks
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours