The Selva Verde eco lodge is located very close to the lowlands in the north east of Costa Rica, the area of Sarapaqui.
The actual private reserve of Selva Verde Rainforest protects more than 500 acres of land and has been identified as a key area in the San Juan Biological Corridor which stretches from southern Mexico to Panama.
The river lodge has forty rooms set in four blocks, each accommodating up to four guests with ceiling fans and private bathrooms. From the verandah, relax in the chairs and hammocks and watch the wildlife.
The lodges five bungalows as separated from the main areas, offer air conditioning and are ideal for those seeking more privacy. The lodge also features a restaurant, bar, swimming pool and ample parking.
Selva Verde eco lodge is a wonderful choice for nature lovers, birdwatchers, photographers and those looking for adventure.
Tours staying at this accommodation
- Observe specials such as the endangered Great green macaw, the spectacular Resplendant quetzal and rare Volcano hummingbird
- Explore San Gerardo de Dota mountains for montane rainforest-dwelling species
- Visit tropical lowlands on the Nicaragua border
- Explore Maquenque Nature Reserve
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours