Surrounded by 10 acres of lush tropical gardens, Hotel Bougainvillea is just 30 minutes from San Jose yet located in a charming, peaceful area called Santo Domingo de Heredia.
This region has kept its rural charm, with colonial adobe houses and beautiful churches. The hotel offers 81 rooms offering a view towards the Central Valley and the surrounding mountains or the beautiful colourful gardens.
Dine at the Vitrales Restaurant or relax with a drink in the cozy bar warmed by a charming fireplace.
For the more active, the hotel has a swimming pool, gym and tennis courts. The tropical gardens filled with trees, plants, flowers and bushes are teeming with birdlife. Frequently spotted birds included, blue crowned motmots, palm tanagers, hummingbirds, tropical kingbirds and boat-billed flycatchers.
Tours staying at this accommodation
- Observe specials such as the endangered Great green macaw, the spectacular Resplendant quetzal and rare Volcano hummingbird
- Explore San Gerardo de Dota mountains for montane rainforest-dwelling species
- Visit tropical lowlands on the Nicaragua border
- Explore Maquenque Nature Reserve
- Hike the Tenorio Volcano region
- See the turquoise waters of the Rio Celeste
- Chance to spot Great Green Macaws at the Boca Tapada Region
- OTS La Selva wildlife Reserve
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours