The lodge has 14 spacious and beautiful bungalows all surrounded by tropical rainforest and situated on the river bank, the rooms offer fantastic views towards the lagoon. Dine at El Paso de las Lapas Bar & Restaurant, offering dishes with the locally grown produce.
For birders, the lodge is situated in the one of the best places in the country for observing the endangered Great Green Macaw due to the concentration of almendro trees where they feed and nest. From your bungalow you can also spot various birds around the lagoon.
Other activities include swimming in the lodge’s refreshing pool, exploring the nearby trails with a local guide, canoeing on the lagoon or visiting the fruit orchard. There is also horse riding, kayaking on the San Carlos River or planting trees,
Want to know more?
Call our Travel Specialists for a chat with our experts. They'll share their first-hand insights so you can find your perfect holiday.
Tours staying at this accommodation
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours