Best Time To Visit
When to go
Brazil can be visited all year. Rio is hotter and wetter between November and March but is pleasant in other months. The Pantanal is best visited from April to October. The Amazon is hot and humid all year round.
British Airways and TAM Airlines both fly to Sao Paulo and Rio. Flying time is approximately 11 hours.
There are various time zones, but Rio and Iguassu Falls are GMT-2 or -3 hours according to the time of year.
British passport holders do not require a visa to enter Brazil.
There are no compulsory vaccinations required to enter Brazil. Precautions against malaria and yellow fever, if travelling to the Amazon, are suggested, but check with your GP.
Always consult your doctor at least six weeks before travel and refer to this useful NHS website - Fit For Travel - for details of recommended vaccinations for travel in Brazil.
Things To Do
- Get to grips with Rio – there’s so much to see!
- View the Iguassu Falls from both sides of the border
- Take an Amazon cruise and go fishing for piranha
- Listen to the noises of the rainforest all around you on a night trek
- See endangered wildlife of the Pantanal
- Explore Salvador and its gorgeous beaches
- Experience the Rio Carnival, the most famous in the world
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours