Belmond Savute Elephant Camp, is a luxury camp located in the Chobe National Park.
Perched on the banks of the Savute channel in an area famed for its herds of elephants and accompanying lions. The main area is under a vast canvas roof with open sides overlooking a water hole and housing the lounge, bar, dinning area and veranda onto the large pool. There is a small reference library, wi-fi throughout and a discreet separate lounge with satellite television.
The twelve luxurious, elevated, spacious, air-conditioned canvas tents with four poster beds, comfy couches and ensuite facilities with indoor and outdoor showers and even a dressing area. The glass sliding doors open onto your own private viewing deck with chairs and sala beds.
Morning and afternoon game drives are in open 4x4 vehicles are the order of the day at Savute elephant camp. A chance for an up close experience with Africa’s largest elephant concentrations, also renowned for particularly skilled lion which have evolved to survive in the area. San tribal rock paintings and giant baobabs dot the nearby hills, so do ask your guide about a visit.
There is a powerful telescope on the main deck, usually after dinner with guide on hand to show you the wealth of constellations in the Southern hemisphere skies.
Tours staying at this accommodation
- Explore the evocative baobab grove and Bushmen paintings
- Tour the delta's waterways by traditional mokoro canoe
- At Belmond Savute Elephant Lodge listen to the rumble of elephants
- Treat yourself with an optional safari by helicopter
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours