Australis cruises are for those who want to explore the wild and beautiful Patagonian fjords.
Cruises operate from October to April between Punta Arenas in Chile and Ushuaia in Argentina, for either three or four nights. You will sail through the Straits of Magellan, the Beagle Channel and around Cape Horn on a journey through fjords, glaciers and islands. There are 2 cruise ships, the Stella Australis comfortably accommodating up to 210 passengers in 100 cabins and the new Ventus Australis which sets sail in early 2018. This new addition to the fleet has the same capacity but with a more, modern sleek interior.
A highlight for many, weather permitting, is landing at Cape Horn and walking to the monument at the southernmost tip of the continent. Travel by zodiacs to explore uninhabited islands that provide sanctuary for many local birds as well as sea lions, and, occasionally, whales. Land excursions allow you to take a close look at penguins, elephant seals and an amazing array of birdlife. Your expedition leaders will help you identify and learn about the region’s flora, fauna, geography and history.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours