The Z Hotel is a chic, 35-room, British-owned hotel at Nungwi on the northern tip of the island.
The style and decor blends contemporary design with traditional Zanzibari features. It is set in a small tropical garden with direct access to Nungwi’s main beach used by locals and travellers alike.
Nungwi is a lively village, with many craft shops, hotels and restaurants, and this hotel is ideal for those seeking more than pure relaxation.
Each hotel room has glass doors leading onto a sea-facing balcony, as well as cable television, airconditioning and WiFi. There are loungers on the pool-deck, as well as on the beach below. The rooftop suites are very spacious and quite outstanding.
The hotel offers à la carte, alfresco dining in the main restaurant, and Asian-fusion tapas in the sociable cocktail bar.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours