The Residence Zanzibar is a seductive escape located on the southwest coast of the exotic island of Zanzibar.
The Residence Zanzibar comprising 66 one and two bedroom villas, each with their own private pool, stretches over 80 acres of lush tropical gardens bordering a white sand beach flanked by coconut palms.
At the heart of the hotel is service; personal butlers on traditional tricycles ride around the property quietly dispensing brilliant, intuitive service and arranging experiences of island life.
Complimentary sorbets, iced water and fruit are served on the beach and by the pool.
A star attraction of the hotel is the Carita spa, which is set in five acres of tropical gardens and features six spacious treatment pavilions, each with its own private garden, outdoor shower, bathtub and relaxation area. A well equipped fitness centre allows you the opportunity to keep trim during your Zanzibar holiday, or relax in the Jacuzzi, steam room, sauna and spa swimming pool. The Pontoon offers complimentary sports during the day that include kayaks, hobie cats, sunset dhow cruises and snorkelling excursions.
Sumptuous buffet or a la carte breakfasts are served at The Dining Room while light, simple dishes are offered for lunch and in the evening. Middle-Eastern and Mediterranean cuisine is served at the Pavilion Restaurant, a room adorned with brass lanterns, handmade stone jugs, large oriental glassware and antiques evoking the luxury fo a Sultante era.
For complete seclusion, private in-villa dining can be arranged at no additional cost or romantic beach dinners lit by tiki torches make for a truly unforgettable experience.
Want to know more?
Call our Travel Specialists for a chat with our experts. They'll share their first-hand insights so you can find your perfect holiday.
Tours staying at this accommodation
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours