Matemwe Beach Village is an authentic guesthouse located on the north east corner of the exotic island of Zanzibar.
Renowned for long stretches of white sandy beaches, Matenwe is still a relatively sleepy fishing town, and has so far avoided being taken over by the largest resorts and hotel development.
Matemwe Beach Village provides comfortable accommodation in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. On offer are 16 standard rooms with self-contained bathrooms; and 5 funky Shamba Suites with space for a small family. The Asali suite – usually booked by honeymooners or those wanting seclusion – provides your own chef and plunge pool! Wherever possible food is bought locally and the lodge supports the local women’s cooperative. One Ocean – the 5 star PADI Dive centre – organizes diving, dive courses and snorkelling, as well as daily excursions to the famous Mnemba Atoll.
Tours staying at this accommodation
- Visit Tanzania's Four northern Parks
- See elephants in Tarangire
- Flamingoes and tree climbing lions in Lake Manyara
- Resident game and the migration in the Serengeti
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours