Kichanga Lodge is an inexpensive resort of charming cottages set in a luxuriant tropical garden by an exquisite white sandy beach on a peninsula on the east coast.
The spacious rooms are furnished in African style with large Zanzibari beds, wooden verandahs and thatched roofs.
There are 18 bungalows, some garden and some ocean view, and four larger villas. The clubhouse accommodates the restaurant, which serves local seafood as well as Italian and international cuisine, and a bar.
Another bar beside the swimming pool overlooks the beach. There is a PADI dive centre on site and activities available include mountain bikes, canoes, etc. Kichanga offers superb value.
Tours staying at this accommodation
- Predators and plains game in Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Gorilla tracking in Bwindi, Uganda
- Luxuriating at the beach in Zanzibar
- Some Zanzibari culture in Stone Town
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours