Bluebay Beach Resort is set in 25 acres of lovely gardens, with over 1000 palm trees, next to the beautiful Kiwengwa beach.
Kiwengwa is a traditional Zanzibari fishing village and, although there are several large Italian resorts in this area, these tourists are seldom seen outside of their all-inclusive enclaves.
The 88 air-conditioned rooms are grouped in two-storey thatched bungalows. All the rooms are equipped with traditional four-poster beds, as well as modern conveniences like satellite TV and mini-bars. Each has a balcony or verandah with sea view. There are some interconnecting rooms for families. Six deluxe rooms have a sunken bath, outside double shower and a lounge area. Two rooms are equipped with a ramp and shower shelf for guests with disabilities.
There is a large free-form pool with separate open air jacuzzi, a children’s pool and playground, a floodlit tennis court, a fitness centre, a well-equipped spa and two restaurants.
There is an on-site PADI dive centre for diving and snorkelling. Canoeing, catamaran sailing and waterskiing are available.
Bluebay recycles its water for use in the gardens, collects rainwater, and uses energy-efficient fittings. Its gardens are planted with only indigenous species.
Bluebay’s efforts towards sustainable tourism have been recognized by its Green Globe 21 certification.
Want to know more?
Call our Travel Specialists for a chat with our experts. They'll share their first-hand insights so you can find your perfect holiday.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours