Mnemba Island is a beautiful, untouched atoll northeast of Zanzibar.
Inhabited only by lodge staff and guests, Mnemba provides understated luxury unsurpassed on the coast of Africa.
Condé Nast Traveller chose Mnemba as one of the three most romantic ocean destinations in the world. Despite its essential simplicity, Mnemba inspires superlatives. The discreet service is of the highest standard. The food is superb, with lots of fresh fruit, vegetables and seafood.
The island is encircled by a coral reef that is among the Indian Ocean’s finest. The perfect beaches are the purest white and the sea a clear turquoise.
The ten airy rooms are furnished with big beds and simple, good taste.
Tours staying at this accommodation
Your holiday begins as soon as you board your business class flight with Kenya Airways to Nairobi and on to Arusha. This luxurious holiday is the perfect way to mark a special occasion and celebrate in style. Spend seven nights spotting incredible wildlife on a luxury safari in northern Tanzania, including the open plains of the Serengeti, Lake Manyara and spectacular Ngorongoro Crater.Follow this...
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours