Ras Mbisi Lodge is the only lodge on eight kilometres of white sand beach on the west coast of Mafia.
It has been sustainably built by local craftsmen using coco wood for buildings and furniture. Even the soap is made nearby, from virgin coconut oil. The staff are local people. Power is provided by a biomass gasifier.
Although the emphasis is on sustainability, guests do not rough it here. The nine spacious chalets set right by the beach are very comfortable, and the atmosphere is relaxing.
Seafood, salads and vegetables are sourced locally and the cuisine mixes Swahili dishes with international flavours. The rooftop bar is a great spot to watch the sunset.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours