Chindeni Bushcamp comprises four spacious tents built on raised wooden decks and offer views over the lagoon where where hippo and elephant can see wallowing in the water and mud.
The canvas tents feature four-poster beds and en-suite shower and bathroom.
The main lodge offers space for relaxing and the multi-level desks provides the perfect vantage point to view the wildlife and birds that come from miles around to the oxbow lagoon for refreshment.
Activities at Chindeni Bushcamp include walking safaris, game drives during the day and at night and scenic sundowner trips. Game viewing in South Luangwa is superb and boasts one of the greatest concentrations of wildlife in Africa.
This area is the birth place of walking safaris, first pioneered in the 1960's and attracts some of Africa's finest guides.
Chindeni Bushcamp is open between May - December
Tours staying at this accommodation
- Discover more of South Luangwa on this itinerary - Mfuwe Lodge, Chamilandu, Chindeni, Bilimungwe and Kapamba
- Amazing wildlife viewing in the game rich South Luangwa
- Enjoy game viewing from a different angle on this walking safari
- Discover the smaller things on foot
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours