Located in the remote, south section of the South Luangwa National Park, is the charming Chamilandu Bushcamp.
The bushcamp sits on the banks of the Luangwa River and under the shade of an impressive ebony grove. This intimate camp comprises three open-fronted thatched chalets built on wooden stilts and feature four-poster beds and open-air bathrooms.
Wake to the early morning sunrise over the Luangwa River and the sounds the roaming wildlife and birds singing in the trees, you don't even have to leave the comfort of your chalet to see the wildlife roaming across the landscape.
Activities at Chamilandu Bushcamp involve walking safaris and game drives, spend time at the hide that overlooks one of the seven oxbow lagoons that are in the vicinity, here there is always plenty of wildlife visiting for a drink. Night game drives are often very rewarding.
Chamilandu Bushcamp is open between June - November
Tours staying at this accommodation
- Discover more of South Luangwa on this itinerary - Mfuwe Lodge, Chamilandu, Chindeni, Bilimungwe and Kapamba
- Amazing wildlife viewing in the game rich South Luangwa
- Enjoy game viewing from a different angle on this walking safari
- Discover the smaller things on foot
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours