Posada Plaza Mayor is situated in the heart of the old and magical city of Colonia del Sacramento. The property existed as a ranch in 1700 and as a family home in 1860 and now stands as a converted 15 room hotel. Cozy and comfortable rooms feature stone walls, air conditioning, a television and more spacious suites have a whirlpool. One of the highlights of Posada Plaza Mayor is the charming courtyard with a fountain.
Guests can enjoy a buffet breakfast overlooking the Rio de la Plata and there are plenty of restaurants in Colonia which you can dine at for lunch and dinner. This is a quiet and lovely place to spend a night or two during your visit to this captivating town.
Want to know more?
Call our Travel Specialists for a chat with our experts. They'll share their first-hand insights so you can find your perfect holiday.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours