Mweya Safari Lodge is set on a peninsula with spectacular views of both the Kazinga Channel and the Rwenzori or 'Mountains of the Moon', this large, newly renovated lodge provides good quality facilities and service.
There is a sizeable swimming pool with a poolside bar, an elegant, air-conditioned restaurant (the Kazinga) serving international cuisine, and a souvenir shop selling essential toiletries.
Breakfast is served on the terrace overlooking the channel. (Bush breakfasts can also be arranged).. One of the delights of this property is that large wildlife often comes into the gardens. Aside from the game drive and launch cruises, activities on offer include balloon flights - ask us for details.
The lodge has 22 en suite double, triple or twin rooms; six single and twelve deluxe en suite rooms, two suites, a royal cottage, presidential suite, and two rooms with facilities for disabled travellers. All rooms have balconies with views over the Kazinga Channel. (It is the location and views which are this properties main selling points).
Travel time to Mweya Safari Lodge is roughly six hours from Entebbe, or a 45 minute charter flight can be arranged to the airstrip.
Tours staying at this accommodation
- Gorilla tracking in Bwindi
- Tree-climbing Lions in Ishasha
- Abundant game-viewing in Mweya
- Chimp tracking in Chamburu Gorge
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours