In terms of its location, Primate Lodge Kibale is unbeatable for those who want to go Chimpanzee tracking in Kibale Forest National Park.
Set within the park parameters, it is minutes away from the park HQ.
16 rooms are split into 9 luxury cottages and seven standard rooms. Each luxury cottage has a balcony with views of the forest and en-suite bathrooms with hot and cold running showers. Standard rooms are smaller - where possible, our rcommendation would be for guests to choose a luxury cottage. The Sky Tree House located 10 minutes from the lodge and from it, there are lovely views of the forest and guests can enjoy a very private night. Food is good (2018 inspection and updates).
There is wifi available albeit slow.
Kibale's big drawcard is its well habituated Chimpanzee population, so tracking them heads the list for most guests. Birding walks are very rewarding and night walks are also offered, for guests wanting to seek the more elusive, nocturnal forest denizens.
Tours staying at this accommodation
- The thundering Murchison Falls
- Rhino tracking at Ziwa
- Big cats and big game in Murchison Falls and Queen Elizabeth National Parks
- Chimp tracking in Kibale Forest
- Awe-inspiring encounter with Mountain gorillas
- Tracking wild Chimpanzees in Kibale Forest
- Carnivores and ungulates in Queen Elizabeth NP
- Birdlife galore!
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours