Kyaninga Lodge is built on the edge of the Lake Kyaninga, a scenic crater lake and surrounded by forests. Its exceptional design and lovely location make it a great choice for discerning travellers wanting to visit Kibale Forest National Park.
The eight cottages are built on platforms set apart from one another to ensure privacy and tranquility. The spacious and luxurious cottages are connected to each other and the main lodge via raised wooden walkways. The rooms have huge twin or double beds with luxuriant feather pillows. Each cottage leads onto a private deck looking out onto the lake with view of the mountains in the distance.
The en suite bathroom with marble countertops basins and claw footed freestanding baths with hot water also have lake views.
Besides taking in the splendid scenery there are a number of other activities to enjoy, from relaxing by the sparkling swimming pool, to playing tennis or croquet.
Drive time to the trailhead at Kibale Forest is about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours