Kibale Forest Camp is located on the periphery of the southern perimeter of the national park.
It is an affordable, clean, and comfortable camp set in lush tropical forest surroundings full of monkeys, birds, and butterflies.
Its 10 African safari-style twin/double tents all feature private en-suite bathrooms with a hot shower, and are raised up on wooden platforms, with a decking and chairs. There also exist 7 non self-contained tents that have access to shared facilities.
The main building is an open, wooden, thatched bulding featuring a relaxed restaurant and bar. One of the camps biggest advantages is its proximity to many of the forest activities; it borders Magombe Swamp which features the Bigodi Wetlands, and it is just a 10min drive from Kayanchu, the start point of chimpanzee tracking excursions (chimpanzee tracking & chimpanzee habituation experience).
Other activities easily accessible from the camp include nocturnal forest walks, Bigodi wetland walks, primate and bird walks, Mahoma Waterfall hikes, visiting the villages of the Batoro peoples, visits to various tea estates, and exploration of crater lakes.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours