Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp is a luxury tented camp on a gentle, rainforest-clad slope in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, just within the park's boundaries.
The camp is well appointed with views across to the forested mountains, and offers excellent service and food.
Accommodation is in ten double tents, raised on wooden platforms, each with en suite facilities, including a bathtub overlooking the rainforest. Each tent at Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp has a spacious wooden deck where visitors can enjoy a private meal if they wish, or simply relax and savour the rainforest view.
There is a pleasant bar and dining area, with an additional raised platform for open-air dining, as well as a sparkling pool, perfect for a refreshing dip after gorilla tracking.
Optional guided forest walks to discover this unique environment with 350 species of birds, smaller primates and forest antelope, elephant and hog. Or a fascinating community walk to get a taste of modern local life, visiting a clinic, traditional medicine man, ending with the Batwa community performance.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours