Mahogany Springs Lodge is just outside the Bwindi National Park overlooking the Munyaga River Valley, a lovely base for gorilla tracking excursions.
There are 8 large stone cottages with wooden floors, are en suite shower and flush loo, leading onto private balconies with views of the valley.
The lodge was built using plenty of local materials in the construction, giving it a minimalist decor. The main area is framed by a large wrap around patio allowing for al fresco dining, weather permitting and a large dining room with well-stocked bar.
The lodge’s central location means that it is close to the start of many of the gorilla tracking and birding excursions on offer in the area.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours