Clouds Mountain Gorilla Lodge is situated in the south western corner of the Bwindi National Park in Nkuringo, with views of the Great Rift Valley and the Virunga Volcanoes.
The main lodge has high ceilings with exposed wooden ceiling beams and large picture windows bringing in the natural light and brilliant forest views. The art work of nine of Uganda’s top artists are displayed in the lodge and this pioneering eco tourism property was built in partnership with USAID, AWF and the Nkuringo community (NCCDF).
There are eight spacious volcanic stone cottages with patio area, garden, lounge with double sided fire place and modern en suite bathroom. Two of these rooms are en suite family cottages with double and twin rooms sharing a lounge area. Personal room butlers are provided.
The lodge is within in trekking distance of six gorilla families. There are optional guided Forest walks, bird watching, interesting community tours, Batwa experience trips, picnic and private dinning.
Want to know more?
Call our Travel Specialists for a chat with our experts. They'll share their first-hand insights so you can find your perfect holiday.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours