- Introduction to Environmental Awareness
- Learn about conservation and ecology
- Big five drives in Hluhluwe Game Reserve
- Boat trip in St Lucia
- Visit a traditional Zulu Village
- Snorkel and swim in Kosi Bay
- Accommodation Throughout
- Travel Guide
If you have a budding botanist or wildlife enthusiast in your family, then this action packed holiday is a perfect fit. The itinerary is designed to involve and absorb kids and young people in environmental awareness without making it a formal learning experience.
Children and adults can take part in an action packed programme such as tracking, orientation, bush survival skills, anti-poaching methods and spear-fishing. Big-5 game drives, rural village excursions and interaction with elephants and crocodiles are also high on the agenda. You stay at two locations - Amangwane Camp near the Indian Ocean and Umkhumbi Lodge in the Hluhluwe area.
At Amangwane you sleep in comfortable reed huts, and at Umkhumbi Lodge enjoy a two-bedroom family chalet. This is a fabulous holiday for kids of all ages, who love the out doors and revel in learning new skills and knowledge.
Day 1 Depart from London on overnight fli...
Day 2 Hluhluwe
Day 3 Hluhluwe - Intro to Environmental Awareness Progra
Day 4 St Lucia day trip - iSimangaliso Wetland Park
Day 5 Hluhluwe–Umfolozi Game Reserve
Day 6 Visit a traditional Zulu Village
Day 7 Elephant Conservation
Day 8 Kosi Bay
Day 9 Kosi Bay
Day 11 Return to Durban airport by road fo...
- Return International Flights as per the itinerary
- All airport taxes and security charges
- Accommodation and meals as specified
- Transfers as specified
- Activities and excursions as specified
- All entrace fees on sightseeing tours as specified
- Travel Insurance
- Any meals not specified in the itinerary
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional excursions
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours