Anyone who has experienced the joys of juggling the paraphernalia of travelling with kids will appreciate this two-centre family-friendly Cape Town and Garden Route holiday. Look forward to minimal unpacking and repacking and a relaxed pace of daily explorations, returning to your luxurious base at day's end.
You are based five nights each at just two well-located family friendly properties, the V&A Hotel in Cape Town’s vibrant Waterfront area and The Fancourt Country Club, gateway to the Garden Route. The last night on the Spier Wine Estate, a short distance from Cape Town Airport, allows for a relaxed final day.
In Cape Town explore the iconic sights on the Hop-on Hop-off bus, ascend Table Mountain, see Nelson Mandela's prison home on Robben Island, watch street performers, visit the enchanting penguin colony at Boulders Beach, the aquarium and gemstone scratchpatch.... all within easy reach of your hotel.
Based at Fancourt set off on daily trips getting up close to birdlife on walkways at the Birds of Eden or the hysterical monkey antics of Monkeyland and spot elephant at nearby Gondwana Game Reserve. You could even ride one of the biggest birds in the world at The Cango Ostrich Farm or wild-cat encounters at the Tenikwa Wildlife Awareness Centre. Add to this hanging out at the well equipped Kids Club and Teens Club at Fancourt, making your own pizza in the pizza oven, cave exploring at The Cango Caves, picking delicious strawberries or a leisurely walk through the lush, ancient Tsitsikamma Forest. Your family holiday is set.
Day 1 Depart early evening from London He...
Day 2 Cape Town
Day 3 Explore Cape Town & the Cape Peninsula
Day 7 To George & the Garden Route
Day 8 Explore the Garden Route
Day 12 Travel to the Cape Winelands
Day 13 Farewell
Day 14 Arrive back at London Heathrow in t...
- Return International Flights as per the itinerary
- All airport taxes and security charges
- Accommodation and meals as specified
- Transfers as specified
- Activities and excursions as specified
- All entrace fees on sightseeing tours as specified
- Travel Insurance
- Any meals not specified in the itinerary
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional excursions
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours