Nduara Loliondo is a yurt camp that is run in partnership with the local Maasai.
The six spacious yurts are furnished with comfortable bed and bright cushions. There are net windows and canvas flaps to let the cooling Serengeti breezes in. The adjoining bathroom with eco-flush loo, hot and cold water on demand and bucket shower mean you have all modern conveniences. In the middle of the camp there is a central dining yurt and a chill-out space with library.
Forming part of the greater Serengeti ecosystem, Loliondo is a vast tract of Maasai owned land on the north-eastern border of the Serengeti National Park, and like the tribes people, the camp moves twice a year, spending six months in the north and six months in the south.
The concession is not bound by the strict rules of the Serengeti National Park itself, so guests can enjoy night drives and Maasai-led guided walks.
You’ll also go on daily game drives in four-wheel drive safari vehicles with your private guide, driving off road, enjoy bush picnics and watch the sun go down with drinks and snacks in spectacular locations.
The camp is open year-round. It welcomes children of 8 years and over and 12 years and over on walking activities.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours