Drawn by the lush northern plains from the April-May rains, the migration heads north towards Kenya.
The seasonal camps in this area and in the eastern Loliondo sector are best at this time.
Set in a massive volcanic rocky outcrop with commanding views over the vast plains, Lobo Wildlife Lodge makes up in vistas what it lacks in intimacy.
The 75 guest rooms are clean and functional, with tiled en suite bathrooms.
The main lodge is akin to a cave, with high, vaulted ceilings and lots of areas for lounging and meeting with fellow guests. Families will enjoy the pool with a view. The waterhole directly below the lodge attracts wildlife.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours