Formerly known as Sayari South, Dunia Camp is ideally located for the wildebeest migration from December to March and the most comfortable mobile tented camp in the Moru Kopjes area of the south-central Serengeti.
Between Ndutu and Seronera, the Moru Kopjes is probably the most scenic area of the Serengeti. Fantastic rock formations emerge from the endless plains, delighting the eye and providing a perfect vantage point for cats on the look-out for prey. Meru Kopjes is also the last bastion of the rhino in the Serengeti.
Dunia Camp has seven attractive, spacious tents with king-size or twin beds, solar-powered lighting, large en suite bathrooms (with flush loos, double basins and safari showers) and private verandahs with views to the Kopjes just to the south. From 1 June to 10 July, the camp’s size increases to eight tents.
At the heart of the camp, there is a lounge area and the campfire where guests congregate for drinks and discussion before dinner. Dunia Camp also has a curio shop.
Meals are served in the dining area or under the Serengeti skies – and have won rave reviews from guests. At breakfast, there is a cold buffet followed by cooked items. Lunch is usually a copious cold buffet, while dinner is a three-course, silver service occasion. Meals are generally served at individual tables, but there may be some communal meals.
You may prefer to take a picnic breakfast and extend your game drive; or spend the whole day game-watching with a picnic lunch.
Located between Seronera and Moru Kopjes, Dunia Camp provides easy access to the Migration, and the big cats that prey upon it, between December and March; and is well located for watching for the resident wildlife of the central and southern Serengeti year round.
Game drives from Dunia Camp provide the experience of a variety of habitats containing a rich diversity of wildlife. The camp is less than an hour from the Ndutu Plains, where the wildebeest give birth en masse in February – an extraordinary spectacle.
Balloon safaris can be arranged from Dunia Camp. They lift off from Seronera, about 50 minutes’ drive from camp.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours