Chaka Camp is an authentic tented mobile camp in the Serengeti.
The camp does move seasonally to follow the game movement, it is in the Ndutu area (south of the Serengeti) from December to March and in the Central Serengeti from May to November.
The camp has only five double tents and three family tents which will accommodate two adults and two children. The en suite has running water in the hand wash basin, flushing loo and bucket style showers.
The electricity supply is solar power with UK plug points in the dinning area and in tents and an internet station. Morning tea/coffees are served on your private veranda before you head out on your daily activities.
Gather in the evenings around the camp fire before your evening meals and star gazing. Supplementary balloon flights are possible from both locations and guided walking from Ndutu only.
Tours staying at this accommodation
- Visit Tanzania's Four northern Parks
- See elephants in Tarangire
- Flamingoes and tree climbing lions in Lake Manyara
- Resident game and the migration in the Serengeti
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours