Le Quartier Francais lies in the heart of South Africa’s Winelands. A Relais & Châteaux boutique hotel with three enticing restaurants, including the award-winning, gastronomic Relais Gourmand, where superb cooking is combined with astounding creativity.
15 auberge luxury rooms are located around a central courtyard and pool. All have wood-burning fires for chillier winter evenings and air conditioning for hot summer days, large sitting areas, DVD players, free internet access, and a bathroom with under-floor heating, walk-in shower and separate bath. Or enjoy one of the larger auberge suites, in the owner’s original home, with their own private pools and loft rooms that are perfect for kids. The exclusive Four Quarter suites ratchet up the indulgence with full complimentary bar and butler service, while the two-bedroom cottage provides a more private escape for those who want to be a part of, yet slightly apart from, the main hotel.
In a village known for its high quality dining, Le Quartier Francais stands out for its exemplary cuisine. Under Grand Chef Relais & Châteaux Margot Janse, The Tasting Room often features in “World’s Best Restaurant” lists, and a meal here will not disappoint. Choose from a four, six or eight course menu accompanied by exquisite local wines. Dishes might include lemon-poached crayfish tail with prawn wafer and marshmallow, followed by a trio of Karoo lamb, almond crushed potatoes, and broad bean, sweetbread and porcini ragout. Next-door, iCi has a more casual atmosphere, but standards are just as high and the food every bit as delicious. Cooking classes are arranged periodically, if you want to master some of the delicious recipes to impress friends at home.
In the heat of summer, you may just wish to relax by the hotel’s pool before exploring the local vineyards in your hire car. As evening falls, you could always watch a movie in Le Quartier Francais’ own intimate screening room, which has just 24 seats. If you like to be indulged, go to the treatment room and let yourself be gently pummelled, or pampered with a Decléor treatment. And why not enjoy one of the local golf courses in the area, some horse riding through the wineries or even a two-hour helicopter trip over the vineyards and valleys of the Cape?
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours