Steenberg Hotel is only 20 minutes from Cape Town city centre and nestled in the tranquil Constantia Valley at the foot of the Steenberg Mountain. Renowned as a 5-star boutique hotel, the hotel has breathtaking views over False Bay and the surrounding vineyards and golf course. It is listed as a National Monument with a rich history. The farm itself is one of the Cape’s oldest buildings and the hotel dates back to the 17th Century.
With only 24 elegant rooms including three Heritage Suites with views of with the Steenberg Vineyards, 18-hole golf course and False Bay, all with en suite bathrooms, air-conditioning, a fully stocked mini-bar, tea/coffee making facilities and satellite television. Other hotel facilities include swimming pool, scenic walks, bird watching, pool bar and wine tasting. The comprehensive on-site spa is operated by Ginkgo Spa & Wellness Group offering tailor-made treatments.
The award winning Tryn Restaurant is open seven days a weeks for breakfast, lunch and dinner. In addition to this, the new Bistro-style cellar door restaurant and wine tasting venue, BistroSixteen82, offers an interactive wine and food destination. Graham Beck has opened the first brand-exclusive bubbly bar in South Africa, the decadent Gorgeous, which has a comfortable lounge style area and bar area, open 11am to 10pm seven days a week.
Tours staying at this accommodation
- Taste gourmet food and superb wines
- Watch the breaching whales
- Dare to dive with a Great White Shark
- Enjoy twice daily drives in search of big game
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours