Makweti Safari Lodge offers five secluded thatch and stone suites built into natural rock formations in the craggy Waterberg (water mountain).
Indoor and outdoor showers, Victorian bath tubs, log fires and private decks, with spectacular views of the undulating bushveld, contribute to the atmosphere.
Makweti’s hospitality and cuisine is of the highest standard (‘Chaîne des Rôtisseurs’) and you will linger over candlelit gourmet dinners, served on the deck over looking the Makweti Gorge.
Game drives and game walks reveal a diversity of game including rhino, 16 species of antelope, lion, leopard, buffalo, elephant and cheetah, as well as the rare brown hyena. Or sit quietly at the waterhole at sunset and watch the procession of animals.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours