Offering luxurious lodges surrounded by sensational scenery and exciting safari opportunities, Rhino Ridge Safari Lodge is a luxury private bolthole in Northern KwaZulu Natal. Found within Africa's oldest proclaimed reserve Hluhluwe Imfolozi Park, home to the Big Five, Rhino Ridge is part owned by the local Mpembeni Community and was built with a desire to bring a wonderfully unique and eco-conscious safari experience to South Africa's visitors.
The contemporary design built with natural material creates a peaceful and tranquil sanctuary within an exhilarating wildlife haven. The first private facility in the reserve, guests of the beautiful lodge will have access to over 90,000 hectares of indigenous land filled with game and known for its rich cultural heritage.
The 22 rooms, ranging from bush suites, luxury bush villas and two honeymoon villas, are nestled in the alluring natural bush, high up on the ridge for arresting views of the reserve. The lodge’s restaurant serves meals of hearty South African cuisine made from local ingredients. enjoy these meals under a sky of stars around a cosy campfire. A stay here is guaranteed to be an authentic bush escape, a delight from the friendly welcome to the exciting days exploring South Africa’s wilderness.
Tours staying at this accommodation
- Hike and explore the magical Drakensburg
- Delve in the history of the Battlefields
- Cruise on the Pongola River
- Search for big game in Hluhluwe Game Reserve
- Discover the immense Drakensburg
- search for big five in Hluhluwe
- Visit historic battlefields
- relax in luxury at Oysterbox hotel
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours