Amakhosi Safari Lodge is a charming 5-star lodge is set on the banks of the Mkuze River near Pongola inside the beautiful, mountainous, 12,000-hectare Amazulu Private Reserve.
The six spacious river suites are luxurious, very well-appointed and decorated in muted natural tones. They have a separate bedroom and lounge, so are suitable for families.
Two ultraluxurious Umntwana honeymoon suites have private plunge pools and hammocks overlooking the river.
The terrain is a mixture of savannah, wetlands and mountain, and game viewing is first-class, with prolific cheetah, and over 450 species of bird. You'll be able to get your fill of nature here during your South Africa holiday.
You can also visit a Zulu village and dine in a Zulu kraal. Amakhosi also offers overnight walking safaris, staying in a bush camp.
Children at Amakhosi
Children age 5 years and under stay free of charge, 6-12 years 50% when sharing with adults. Game drives are not suitable for young children. Baby sitting can be arranged for a small fee.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours