At long last, a wonderful accommodation option for discerning travellers. Designed to blend in with the surrounding environment, this luxury establishment is situated in a lush tea plantation along the edges of the dense Nyungwe rain forest.
Set in blocks of 4 but still widely enough spaced to afford a sense of privacy, the very comfortable en-suite rooms face the rainforest so guests can enjoy stunning views of the surrounds. Decor is modern and every attention given to detail - for example, there are heated towel racks in the bathrooms, a nice touch for the climate in this part of the country.
With an outdoor heated infinity pool, two treatment rooms with a Jacuzzi, a modern fitness centre, a bar and restaurant serving high quality food Nyungwe House - recently completely refurbished and revamped by One & Only, offers exceptional service and is the perfect base from which to explore Nyungwe Forest National Park's beautiful rainforest.
All of the rooms come equipped with all the amenities you would expect from a luxury hotel, including a cosy fire place, air-conditioning, flat LCD TV, Wi-Fi along with a mini bar with tea and coffee making facilities. Food and service are rated as excellent.
Tours staying at this accommodation
- Time with the Mountain gorillas at PNV
- Chimp tracking at Nyungwe National Park
- Albertine Rift Endemics (AREs) and other wonderful birds in both parks
- Scenic, high-altitude Lake Kivu
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours