Hotel Dimitile is a 3-star hotel in Entre-Deux, a small and picturesque village in the south of the island of Réunion, about 12km north of Saint-Louis, between Cilaos and Bras de la Plaine.
It is a typical Creole village with colourful cases and well-tended, lush gardens. The hotel was originally a 19th-century Creole house and now has 17 rooms - 12 superior and five luxury, all facing the swimming pool. The luxury rooms are 10m² larger and have a private balcony or terrace.
All rooms have air-conditioning, en suite bathrooms with a bathtub, separate toilets, a mini-fridge, flat-screen satellite television, internet access and other amenities including safes and hairdryers. Beach towels are provided. The hotel has a swimming pool and a tennis court. Board games can be borrowed from reception. A full range of massages can also be pre-booked.
Entre-Deux is surrounded by rugged mountains, steep valleys and dramatic ravines and gorges and its well-maintained trails – some easy, some challenging - will appeal to walkers, hikers and mountain bike enthusiasts. The village is just a 40-minute drive from Cilaos, and less than an hour drive from the beach of Etang-Salé. It's also known for its savate choca – shoes sewed with choca thread.
The gastronomic restaurant, Entre Nous, offers à la carte and good-value set menus. Since the restaurant is small, the Dimitile automatically books a table for its guests. If you don’t wish to have dinner there, you just have to let them know in advance.
Hotel Dimitile is a lovely mountain-style hotel. The manager has a great knowledge of Reunion Island and is always willing to help. English is spoken.
Tours staying at this accommodation
If you enjoy spectacular scenery, outdoor pursuits or adrenaline activities, tropical beaches or walking and hiking, you'll love Reunion. For birders or those who take pleasure in exploring the hidden corners of France, Reunion Island is an excellent choice for a touring holiday. This itinerary combines the volcano with picturesque towns in magnificent settings and time to relax at the beach, but ...
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours