Hotel Le Saint Alexis is a four-star hotel situated on the magnificent Boucan Canot beach on the west coast of Reunion, between St Paul and St Gilles-les-Bains. Trendy Boucan Canot, with its fine buildings, cafés and chic shops, is within an easy stroll.
The airport is about 40 minutes’ drive. Le Saint Alexis has been thoroughly refurbished and is a very pleasant beach resort. We appreciate the hospitality guests receive, starting with the welcome drink we the water features create a refreshing feel.
Le Saint Alexis has 60 rooms, which all face the swimming pool. Each of the 16 superior rooms has direct access to the pool from its private verandah – so you can enjoy a private drink with your feet in the pool. The 18 luxe rooms are great to use if you have children, and some of them contain a separate bedroom for children.
The 15 junior suites are more spacious and also provide direct access to the pool, and in addition to the spa bathtub, the bathroom also has a wide shower. The 5 suites are larger and provide a separate, private lounge – that can accommodate two children – a jacuzzi bathtub and a spa shower. The ground floor suites have direct access to the pool and can interconnect, if you require more space.
All rooms have air-conditioning, en-suite bathroom with jacuzzi bathtub, a mini-bar, satellite television, internet access and other amenities. Beach towels are provided.
The hotel has an original 650 m² swimming pool built around the hotel. In the middle of the larger part of the pool you will find a jacuzzi surrounded by palm trees and filaos flowers. The hotel also has a direct access to the Boucan Canot beach and provides sun-loungers. Guests have a free access to the fitness centre, the sauna and hammam area. Massage is available at extra cost. Snorkelling equipment can be provided. Babysitting is available by prior arrangement (paid locally).
The hotel has one main restaurant on both the first and second floors. It offers a set menu and à la carte dinning and has an excellent wine cellar. Guests can choose to have lunch or dinner in the garden, on one of the six first floor balconies, or on the terrace of the second floor, overhanging the ocean. Lunch can also be taken at the open-air bar, two steps away from the beach. The food is good and the menu provides a lot of choice.
We particularly like the fact that the St Alexis is flexible about how you use the half-board option: if you want to dine out, you can take lunch the following day. Three nights a week, a group of musicians provides atmospheric music during dinner and there is salsa music twice each week. A magician comes to entertain the children.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours