South America’s iconic trek, the Inca Trail is a classic way to experience this magical part of the world. The 43 kilometres of this popular trail takes you on an Andean adventure following the route left behind by the Inca Empire. You will spend four days and three nights immersed in the magical Andean world, passing the archaeological ruins of the Llaqtapata and Sayacmarca before arriving at the magnificent grand finale of Machu Picchu.
Climbing up to 4,200m above sea level and trekking up to 16km a day, you will need a certain level of fitness and perseverance. However the exertion is all worth it for the spectacular views of the snow-capped mountains above you and the valleys stretching out beneath you.
Step in the Inca’s original footsteps through the diverse eco-systems and habitats, climbing the rock-hewn steps into the scrub forest and semi-tropical cloud forest marvelling at the wildlife and flora which creates the beautiful landscapes.
An inflatable mattress and sleeping bag designed to keep you cosy at -15 Cº will be provided to ensure a comfortable relaxing night’s sleep, something which will be of no problem to you after your long days.
On your fourth and last day, an early morning is required, allowing you to arrive at the famous sun gate ‘Intipunku’ for your first stunning, absolutely breathtaking panoramic view of Machu Picchu with the breaking light of sunrise making the view even more incredible and extraordinary. Discover the mysterious citadel, learning all about the history and intricacies of the lost city of the Incas with a guided tour. After lunch you will take the train through the mountains to Ollantaytambo for your bus transfer back to Cuzco, taking with you all your wonderful memories and photos.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours