Along a four mile stretch of the Emerald Coast of Nicaragua, within a tropical oasis sits the gorgeous Mukul Resort. Mukul manages to perfectly mix barefoot chic and luxury glamour without any pretension. Run by five generations of the Pellas family, upon arrival you will receive a warm welcome and be treated as a personal guest.
Each of the 37 guest accommodations are the definition of space and privacy, the gorgeous design beautifully complimenting the natural surroundings. Even the smallest room offering, the bohios, are decked out with a marble floor bathroom, a sweeping wooden deck with a private plunge pool and a veranda with a plush day bed. The floor-to-ceiling windows capture the stunning views of the Pacific Ocean, bringing the refreshing nature into the serene room.
The beach villas offer all this along with the additional treats of his and her vanity rooms, both with monsoon showers and soaking tubs, a wrap-around deck, a private swimming pool, an outdoor lounging palapa and a wonderful secret garden. The artwork of the rooms has been purchased from Nicaragua’s artists, creating a quirky and individual collection for each room.
The hotel’s spa consist of six private casitas perched on the highest point of the resort, which all offer blissful treatments following a different theme from Thai massage, Moroccan-style hamman to the Indian Ayurveda rituals. Spend your days making the most of the 18 hole golf course, surrounded by breathtaking mountain views, or learn how to surf on the waves of the Pacific Coast.
Mukul, meaning ‘secret’ in Mayan, is a stunning beach hideaway you will find hard to leave.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours