An exclusive camp accessible only by light aircraft, Hoanib Skeleton Coast Camp is the perfect camp to enjoy the depths of the unusual and remote wilderness of Namibia.
Straddling the Palmwag area and the Skeleton Coast National Park, a stay here will surround you with the wild desolate nature of this intriguing part of Africa; the vast plains, dry riverbeds and bare mountains. The eight classically styled rooms, seven twin-beds and one family unit, offer stylish and spacious accommodation. All the rooms are equipped with elegant en-suite bathrooms and outdoor decks overlooking the vast wilderness you will be exploring during your stay.
Hosting a range of activities, the camp makes it a priority to ensure all guests experience the intrepid adventure of the rocky area. Journey across the arid landscape on game drives observing the fascinating desert-adapted wildlife including elephants, desert lions, ostriches and oryxs. Nature walks will give you the opportunity to discover the smaller creatures of Namibia and the intriguing plant life.
We recommend staying for three nights and taking a flight over to the Skeleton Coast, soaring over the towering dunefields, the Auses Spring and the Hoanib floodplains. A full day excursion will take you to the rugged coastline filled with the shouting seal colonies and dramatic shipwrecks.
A stay at Hoanib is an exceptional way to make the most of the unique, captivating wildlife and landscape of Namibia.
Images supplied by Wilderness Safari's
Tours staying at this accommodation
- Spend time in some of the most remote camps in Namibia
- Discover the fascinating wildlife at Hoanib
- Sip sun downers on the river banks at Serra Camfema
- Visit the towering red dunes of Sossusvlei
- Visit the remote Hoanib Skeleton Coast camp
- Scenic inter camp light aircraft flights over breathtaking scenery
- Marvel at the wildlife as they congregate around waterholes in Etosha
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours