Cape Cross Lodge, 120 kilometres north of Swakopmund and 50 km north of Henties Bay, is set on the only private, beachfront land in the Skeleton Coast Park. Twenty well-appointed, en suite double rooms provide luxury accommodation for couples, families and fishermen wishing to stay right on the coast.
Accommodation & facilities
All rooms at Cape Cross Lodge have sea views, some are courtyard facing, others are sea facing and have a private balcony. Two rooms interlink to create a family suite. The lodge has a bar, lounge, restaurant, shop and small museum. The lounge and dining room lead onto a viewing deck and the pristine beach.
The beach is adjacent to the Cape Cross Seal Reserve, one of the largest seal colonies in the world. The Cape Fur seal is the largest of the world's nine fur seal species and over 200,000 animals gather here in the breeding season (November-December). In some years, numbers swell to as many as a million seals. Activities centre around the seals and visitors can drive or walk to the colony - the lodge is 4 km from the entrance gate to the reserve. Guided tours can be arranged for guests seeking detailed information. The common jackal can be seen prowling on the edges of the colonies. During the hours of darkness, the brown hyena preys among the nurseries. Surf fishing, angling and kiting are popular choices and the lodge is pleased to meet requests for a private dinner on the beach or picnic excursions into the desert, with its lichen field and unique flora. Full fishing safaris can be arranged, too, as can visits to the Messum Crater. Cape Cross Lodge is accessible by car and can also by reached by light aircraft.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours