Twyfelfontein Lodge is well–situated in the heart of the Twyfelfontein Conservancy, 100km west of Khorixas.
It is a relatively large lodge, with 56 rooms, designed to cater for larger groups and tour parties, but the architects took care to reduce its visual impact and blend it into the mountainside. It is one of the closest camps to the San rock art.
These include a lounge, open dining room, bar and swimming pool.
The main activity at Twyfelfontein Lodge is visiting the renowned San rock paintings and rock engravings, unusual rock formations, such as the Burnt Mountain and the Organ Pipes and the pertrified forest.
This can be done as a self-drive or as a guided tour. Nature drives and nature walks can also be booked at the camp, as can sightseeing flights over the surrounding area.
Tours staying at this accommodation
- Stay in prime locations within the national parks
- completely independent travel through Namibia
- See the wildlife at Etosha
- ascend the dunes at Sossusvlei
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours