Doro Nawas is situated on a small hill above the dry Aba-Huab river, overlooking the ancient plains of southern Damaraland. T
his camp is a real gem and a firm favourite with our clients who regularly comment on the friendly service and unbelievable views. The 16 comfortable thatched rooms at Doro Nawas Camp are designed to blend into the surrounding scenery and offer luxury in the midst of the desert. Each has a private verandah and sleep-outs are popular here, as are the outdoor showers.
This is prime desert elephant territory and herds traverse the riverbed in search of water and food. Doro Nawas also offers 4WD drives to seek game and generally explore the area.
There are guided visits to the rock art site at nearby Twyfelfontein, but self-drive guests can easily visit these sites in their own time. Dora Nawas is joint venture between Wilderness Safaris and the local community.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours