Coral Lodge takes castaway-chic to new levels of comfort.
This beach retreat is situated on a peninsula within the wild and rugged dunes, mangroves and untouched beaches of Varanda Private Nature Reserve.
Set on the mainland only a short distance across the sea from Ilha de Moçambique, Coral Lodge 15.41 looks out onto San Sebastião Fort (1558 AD) at the north point of the island.
Built on top of the dunes, and with incredible sea views, the ten spacious villas feature a choice of sitting areas, bathroom with huge bath, indoor and outdoor shower and large verandah with comfy chairs and daybed.
Décor is minimalist, using wood textures with cream, caramel and turquoise fabrics to reflect the natural surroundings.
Positioned where the lagoon and ocean meet, the infinity pool is an ideal spot to relax with a bestseller, enjoy a refreshing drink and delicious traditional snack.
Enjoy the flavours of Mozambique at ‘The Reef’, a peaceful, open wood and thatch café, situated at the tip of the peninsula. Guests can join the head chef on her daily market visit, then learn how to cook popular Mozambican dishes.
Boat excursions take you to the best snorkelling spots with picnic lunch on uninhabited islands. Indulge in a fishing excursion, learn to sail a traditional dhow and during high tide grab one of the canoes and explore the mangroves. During August and September whales are spotted from the beach.
Want to know more?
Call our Travel Specialists for a chat with our experts. They'll share their first-hand insights so you can find your perfect holiday.
Tours staying at this accommodation
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours