Best Time To Visit
When to go
Mexico covers a large area and can be visited all year round. It has, within the main, a warm climate. Overall, the period from December to May is the best time to visit. Between July and the end of October, the Yucatan Peninsula can be affected by tropical storms, or occasionally hurricanes.
British Airways fly non-stop from London Heathrow to Mexico City between three and four times a week, and also from London Gatwick to Cancun.
GMT -6/-7 hours
British passport holders do not require a visa to enter Mexico, though if you fly via the US, the ESTA will be compulsory.
There are no compulsory vaccinations required to enter Mexico. Always consult your doctor at least six weeks before travel and refer to this useful NHS website for details of recommended vaccinations for your destination.
Things To Do
- Get to know Mexico City and don't miss the Anthropology Museum
- Travel through the Copper Canyon by train, one of world's iconic rail journeys
- Spend some time in the beautiful town of Merida, voted 'Cultural capital of the New World' in 2002
- Explore Chichen Itza and Uxmal with a private guide
- Whale watch in Baja California
- Eat lots of Mexican food! - the food is a real delight
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours